Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Back to School

Sharpen those pencils, grab some paper, get ready to read, write, and study. School started yesterday where I work. My online college class started today and my on-campus class starts on Monday. Callie begins her sophomore year of high school on Monday also.

Even the weather testifies that it's time to go back to school. The hot and humid days I so loved morphed into crisper air and dew drenched mornings. It's a good thing I love school and learning and reading and writing and oh yes, my computer. I'll be spending many hours at the keyboard as the days shorten. And I was having such fun with my journal and assorted markers in those three weeks between terms.

I didn't get a vacation this year. No time. I went on a "Sisters" outing though. Sue, Kate, and I went up north to visit our parents. Our sister Patti couldn't join us as she had to work and it just wasn't the same without her. We agreed that we need to do more "sister" things together.

Enjoy the journal pages I posted. I did the sketch of Cheryl and Caleb three summers ago when he was an infant. Within the next month I expect to be doing pencil sketches of her new baby --my first granddaughter. Stay tuned for pictures.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deborah...
Somehow I landed on your blog when scowering the net for french kissing technique related information, and your post 'Back to School' grabbed me so I stopped to read. Now I'm glad I found you because I'm trying to improve my site about french kissing technique (don't blush :) and your blog here gave me some excellent ideas. Deborah you are a quality blogger and I'm learning some good stuff by being here.

Keep your rhythm and good content flowin ~ and good job Deborah.

fin said...

I love journal pages. They tell a story.

Anonymous said...

Why Are Gas Prices So High

Anonymous said...

Auto Fuel Saving Tips