Sunday, November 07, 2004

I'll Never Be Good Enough

I'll never be good enough. That's one of the lies my inner critic likes to whisper in my ear whenever I try to squeeze in a bit of art or writing in those minutes between the lull and the storm. I can think of hundreds of people who write or draw or collage better than I do.

Another lie is that is should be perfect. If it can't be perfect or at least very good then I'd better not waste my time with it. Or how about this one...It's too much effort to pull out all those supplies just for one page and then have to put them all away again or tip toe around the mess.

Here's another...I work better in a clean space and this space just isn't clean enough AND I'm not in the mood to clean it.

Today's entry is proof that I don't have to be inspired to just write. I don't even have to do well at it. I give myself 2 points for the effort. Now I have to go find something to eat that's worth 2 points.

No comments: