Monday, November 29, 2004

Sketching Again

How does time pass so quickly? It's been a while since I posted anything. There are two reasons for this: 1) I couldn't think of anything witty to write and 2) I didn't have any new artwork to share. Ashamed at my lack of resolve to keep this blog current I gathered some art supplies and set to work.

Picture me digging through my art room looking for the box with my drawing pencils. I felt like a dog who had misplaced his buried bone. The room looked like a spring lawn attacked by gophers. There were hills and mounds everywhere. It turned into a scavenger hunt as my semi-orderly room was tuned over pile by pile as I looked for my favorite pencils, erasers, and blending stumps. Eventually I found what I fondly call the essentials. Armed with my pregnant looking journal and a new book called "Drawing Portraits for Dummies" I set to work. My drawing skills are rusty but I did the first exercise before retiring for the night. I scanned the sketch for you to enjoy.

I made it through the Thanksgiving holiday and even managed to lose 4.25 pounds. This is my first big loss since joining Weight Watchers a month ago. I finally earned my 5 pound bookmark. I owe it all to Pumpkin Fluff. I love this stuff. I raced home after the meeting (okay so I always race) and made another batch to reward myself. I ate so much I feel like a pumpkin. Here's the recipe in case you want to give it a try.

Pumpkin Fluff

1 box vanilla sugar-free fat-free instant pudding
1 box butterscotch sugar-free fat-free instant pudding
4 cups skim milk
l large can pumpkin
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
4 0unces (1/2 small carton) fat-free cool whip

Blend the two boxes of pudding with the milk until thick. Blend in the pumpkin and spices. Blend in the cool whip

Scoop into a bowl and top with some cool whip and eat. Lick the spoon. Scrape some into a reduced-fat graham cracker pie crust and chill for Pumpkin Fluff Pie.

I can't believe I ate this stuff all weekend and still lost weight. I like it even better than regular pumpkin pie and that's one of my favorite desserts. The best part is my husband and daughter like it okay but they don't LOVE it like I do. More for me!!

I'd share the 1 point Brownie recipe but those turned out like shoe leather. My daughter hates them. My husband said it reminded him of chocolate jerky. He ate two squares this morning because he had a pot of coffee to wash them down with. I think that recipe could cure a chocoholic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your sketching is beautiful. What a great talent. Keep up the good work and maybe you can publish someday. I am working on a book about my life growing up and including some of my cousins tid bits and funny stories. Maybe you could do some great sketches and when the book is published and we become famous and go to the Oprah, Dr. Phil or Montel show we can share the wealth with the rest of the family. I have about 10 short stories completed and about 50 or so more to go along with whatever the cousins want to add. When finished you can read and comment.

Stay in touch.

Love

Aunt Ellen