Thursday, November 11, 2004

It's Cold Outside

It's cold outside again. Warm. Cold. Comfortble. Cold. We're on a weather yo-yo. I opt for warm or comfortable or even hot. I'm tired of cold hands and feet and noses already and winter isn't even here yet. Bring on the quilts and sweaters and slippers.

I started a new diet. I'm three pounds lighter this week. I swing from hungry to full, seldom satisfied. I fill up on vegetables and fruit and wait until I'm starving again. I feel like a walking bag of mixed salad with a dash of low-fat ranch dressing. I should be drinking more water but there is nothing worse than water logged lettuce or squishy vegetables.

I haven't had much time for art or to write in my journal. I try to snatch an hour or so every couple of days. I'm using double stick tape and old photos or clipart or pages from swaps and writing around them. Not very creative but I have to do something. After art journaling for a few years now the plain old penmanship entries just don't get it for me. I long for a block of uninterrupted time to sketch or paint or play with my art supplies. Instead I surf the web and look at what others are creating thereby wasting the slice of creative time available to me.

My life reminds me of a song I learned in Junior High School called My Grandfather's Clock. The pendulum swings back and forth...cold...comfortable...hungry...full...busy...bored...thrifty...wasteful. There isn't much in between time...comfortable...satisfied...occupied...creative.

No comments: